The Center for Autism Research's commitment to help families living with autism extends beyond the walls of our center. Our goal is for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) to be included, active participants in their communities. CAR and its researchers and staff are involved in many different projects throughout our region. We recognize that, in addition to basic research in the causes and characteristics of ASD, we need to conduct other kinds of research, provide training and support to families and community-based professionals, raise awareness about ASD across the region, and develop partnerships with other agencies, if we are to impact policy changes that will improves the lives of individuals with ASD.
- Learn about autism spectrum disorder, including symptoms, diagnosis, and the impact on families and individuals.
- Get the latest information on treatments and therapies and how to get services.
- Connect with resources for children, youth and adults.
Next Steps is a workshop series that provides information about autism to families and professionals. Visit the Next Steps Website for more information.
CAR is supported by CHOP programs:
- Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Division of Neurology
- Department of Speech-Language Pathology
To make an apointment, visit the Autism Integrated Care Program at CHOP.